1. Explain the meaning of IS curve. Why does it have a negative slope? What factors determine the flatness or steepness of the IS curve? (10 marks)
2. Use the IS-LM graph to determine the effects on the equilibrium level of income (output) and the interest rate of the following:
(a) an increase in government spending, and
(b) an increase in taxes.
Why do income and the interest rate move in the same direction? (15 marks)
3. How is the IS curve altered by introducing international trade? What is the effect on IS curve of a rise in international trade? (15 marks)
4. Define the Marshall-Lerner condition. What are the likely effects of devaluation during a recession when supply elasticities are high? (10 marks)
5. Explain the J-curve phenomenon. Consider an economy with a fixed exchange rate with a fixed price level. What is the effect of depreciation on equilibrium income and trade balance in the first six months after depreciation? (10 marks)
6. Define uncovered interest parity. What is the relationship among the forward exchange rate, the spot exchange rate, and the interest rate? Suppose the (1-year) interest rate on bank deposits is 2% in Canada and 1.75% in United States. If the (1-year) forward US$-C$ exchange rate is C$1.25 per US$ and the spot rate is C$1.2 per US$, will the C$ depreciation or appreciation against the US$ over one year, and by how much? (15 marks)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Let us help you get a good grade on your paper. Get professional help and free up your time for more important courses. Let us handle your;