Bullwhip Effect – material for preparation There are a number of good descriptions of the…
Bullwhip Effect – material for preparation
There are a number of good descriptions of the bullwhip effect. One of themost important papers:
• Hau L. Lee, V. Padmanabhan, Seungjin Whang: The Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains. Sloan Management Review, Spring 1997, p. 93-102.
You should be able to answer the following questions: (The answer shall be not a long sense)
• How is the term Bullwhip Effect defined?
• What are its reasons and what evidence is provided for this explanation?
• Explain one of these reasons in detail – what are the mechanics that lead to the bullwhip effect?
• The paper discusses several ways to counteract the bullwhip effect. What are the contribution of IS to realize these measures?