Delta Electric Service is an electrical-utility company serving parts of several states. It is…

 

Delta Electric Service is an electrical-utility company serving parts of several states. It is considering replacing some of its equipment at generating substations and is trying to decide whether it should replace an older, existing PCB transformer. (PCB is a toxic chemical known formally as polychlorinated biphenyl.) Although the PCB generator meets all current regulations, if an incident such as a fire were to occur, and PCB contamination caused harm either to neighboring businesses or farms, or to the environment, the company would be liable for damages. Recent court cases have shown that simply meeting regulations does not relieve a utility of liability if an incident causes harm to others. In addition, courts have been awarding very large damages to individuals and businesses harmed by incidents involving hazardous material. If Delta replaces the PCB transformer, no PCB incidents will occur, and the only cost will be the cost of the new transformer, estimated to be $85,000. Alternatively, if the

company elects to keep the existing PCB transformer in operation, then, according to their consultants, there is a 50/ 50 chance that there will be a high likelihood of an incident or a

low likelihood of an incident. For the case of a high likelihood of an incident, there is also a 0.004 probability that a fire will occur sometime during the remaining life of the transformer,

and a 0.996 probability that no fire will occur. If a fire occurs, there is a 20 percent chance that it will be severe and the utility will incur a very high cost, whereas there is an 80 percent

chance that it will be minor and the utility will incur a low cost. The high- and low-cost amounts, including both cleanup and damages, are estimated to be $100 million and $10 million,

respectively, based on results from other incidents in the industry. For the case of a low likelihood of an incident, there is a 0.001 probability of a fire during the remaining life of the

transformer, and a 0.999 probability of no fire. If a fire does occur, then the same probabilities exist for the severe and minor outcomes as in the previous case. In both cases, there

will be no cost if no fire occurs.

a. Should Delta replace its old transformers?

b. What is the expected cost per transformer, under the optimal replacement strategy?

 

Calculate the price
Make an order in advance and get the best price
Pages (550 words)
$0.00
*Price with a welcome 15% discount applied.
Pro tip: If you want to save more money and pay the lowest price, you need to set a more extended deadline.
We know how difficult it is to be a student these days. That's why our prices are one of the most affordable on the market, and there are no hidden fees.

Instead, we offer bonuses, discounts, and free services to make your experience outstanding.
How it works
Receive a 100% original paper that will pass Turnitin from a top essay writing service
step 1
Upload your instructions
Fill out the order form and provide paper details. You can even attach screenshots or add additional instructions later. If something is not clear or missing, the writer will contact you for clarification.
Pro service tips
How to get the most out of your experience with MyhomeworkGeeks
One writer throughout the entire course
If you like the writer, you can hire them again. Just copy & paste their ID on the order form ("Preferred Writer's ID" field). This way, your vocabulary will be uniform, and the writer will be aware of your needs.
The same paper from different writers
You can order essay or any other work from two different writers to choose the best one or give another version to a friend. This can be done through the add-on "Same paper from another writer."
Copy of sources used by the writer
Our college essay writers work with ScienceDirect and other databases. They can send you articles or materials used in PDF or through screenshots. Just tick the "Copy of sources" field on the order form.
Testimonials
See why 20k+ students have chosen us as their sole writing assistance provider
Check out the latest reviews and opinions submitted by real customers worldwide and make an informed decision.
Social Work and Human Services
Although it took 2 revisions I am satisfied but I did receive it late because of that.
Customer 452603, March 25th, 2021
Nursing
Usually, references need to be within the past 5 years. Thank you :)
Customer 452547, July 16th, 2021
English 101
thank you for the excellent work
Customer 452883, October 29th, 2021
Criminal Justice
The paper was not accused of plagiarism and was written very well. I will let you know the grade once it is graded. Thank you
Customer 452671, April 26th, 2021
English 101
very good paper thank you.
Customer 453083, February 18th, 2022
Human Resources Management (HRM)
I finished the first deliverable of a project presentation but had no time to finish my second deliverable. The writer revamped my first deliverable and made it much more appealing! Not only was I impressed with the content but I was so grateful for the time they took to redo the background. I have been under a lot of pressure at work and at home so this has been a great service when I have had little time! I appreciate the detail and help! Always on time and always exceeding expectations!
Customer 453077, April 5th, 2022
Other
Thank you , Excellent work
Customer 453201, June 2nd, 2022
Nursing
It was a very long paper, but she followed all the instructions, and she even finished the paper 5 days before the due date. Will write an essay with her again, thanks!
Customer 452967, November 27th, 2021
Management
Thank you!!! I received my order in record timing.
Customer 452551, February 9th, 2021
Business and administrative studies
awesome job
Customer 453201, June 24th, 2022
Psychology
quick and before due date/time.
Customer 453027, January 29th, 2022
Nursing
thank you so much
Customer 452749, June 10th, 2021
11,595
Customer reviews in total
96%
Current satisfaction rate
3 pages
Average paper length
37%
Customers referred by a friend
OUR GIFT TO YOU
15% OFF your first order
Use a coupon FIRST15 and enjoy expert help with any task at the most affordable price.
Claim my 15% OFF Order in Chat
Live ChatWhatsApp

Are You Looking For Assignment Help? We Can Certainly Assist You