Can you help me understand this Social Science question?
The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for students to learn about the contributions that African Americans/persons of color have made to social work and social welfare. Students are required to write a paper that describes and analyzes the contributions of African American/persons of color and/or organizations to the development of social work and social welfare in the U.S. The paper should be 5-7 pages in length, double-spaced, and use 12-point font. There must be a minimum of five references, with three references from refereed (peer-reviewed) journals and chapters from a book. Check the Bibliography in this syllabus for references that may assist you.
1. Identity of the individual or organization that you’ve selected. (Whitney Young)
2. Describe the period of history and the historical context in which this individual/organization functioned. That is, what were the societal conditions – social, economic, political–that made it necessary for this individual to take action? OR, for this organization to be developed?
3. What were the accomplishments of the individual/organization? How did these accomplishments contribute to the welfare of the African American community? Did African Americans experience a greater degree of social, economic, and political justice as a result of the activities of this individual/organization?
4. How did the accomplishments referenced in #3 contribute to American society at large? And to the profession of social work?
5. What obstacles or opposition did the individual or organization encounter? From whom and why? What were the strategies utilized in overcoming obstacles/ opposition?
6. Did the individual or organization develop its programs from a “strengths perspective?
7. Is the organization still active? If not, what conditions led to its demise?
Your presentations should be a summary of your work, and not a verbatim recitation of the paper.
The following areas should be covered in brief:
1. Name of the individual or organization that you researched.
2. Brief description of the period of history in which the individual/organization functioned. What were the political, social, economic conditions that made it necessary to take action?
3. Accomplishments of the individual/organization.
4. How did the accomplishments of the individual/organization contribute to the betterment of African Americans, to American society as a whole, and to social work/social welfare?
5. Opposition faced by the individual/organization, and how was the opposition overcome or confronted?
6. Is the organization still active? If not, what conditions led to its demise?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more