In the lab project, you will be applying the knowledge acquired in this course to design a signal…
The signal generator will be implemented using the 8-bit digital to analog convertor (DAC) which is available on the application board ( For more information about DAC, see the datasheet of DAC0800 ). The input of the DAC is connected to PB of 8255 IC while the output can be obtained from the socket on the application board.
The signal generator will produce either a square wave or a triangular wave based on the status of reed switch which is connected to PA of 8255 IC. If the LSB of reed switch is 0, the generated signal is square wave and it produces a triangular wave when the LSB of reed switch is 1.
You are required to complete the project in following steps.
1. Outline a scheme to do the project and develop an algorithm to accomplish this task
2. Write the assembly language code for the flight 86 simulator
3. Run the code and check the output waveform on oscilloscope (correct and re-run if required)
4. Finalize the code, verify all outputs.
5. Write a brief report on your project, defining your methodology to accomplish the task and your code.
6. Demonstrate the code (the date of project exam will be communicated later)