Write a disaster/contingency plan. Review the materials in this chapter on disaster/ contingency…
Write a disaster/contingency plan.
Review the materials in this chapter on disaster/ contingency planning. Prepare a contingency plan for a typical home PC installation or another installation you have responsibility for. Your plan should:
1. Identify any important risks to the ongoing operation of the installation. (How likely is each risk you identified?)
2. Describe any applicable insurance that would cover replacement costs if the installation was damaged, stolen, or destroyed.
3. Identify any security vulnerability or security devices (including detectors and alarms) that apply to the installation.
4. Describe the location of media backups (including both on-site and off-site backups), detail how frequently backups are created, and specify the restoration procedures.
5. Outline the major steps necessary to get the installation operational again after any kind of disaster.